What makes iLASIK different?
Traditional LASIK uses a “standard” treatment for patients. On the other hand, iLASIK utilizes new 3D corneal mapping technology for individualized treatment that is tailored to each eye. In this way, iLASIK is able to treat individualized imperfections in the eye that are never treated with traditional LASIK, or corrected by glasses or contact lenses.
What does this mean? Simply put, iLASIK is a potentially superior vision correction alternative that can produce:
- More accurate, consistent surgical outcomes
- Lower risk of side effects (such as dry eyes, haloes, and glares)
Is iLASIK Safe?
- The iLASIK Suite is manufactured by Abbott Medical Optics, a global leader in vision care technology.
- iLASIK is a FDA-approved treatment that is backed by clinical studies
- iLASIK is currently the only treatment that is safe and accurate enough to be approved for use on NASA Astronauts and US Navy SEALs
The iLASIK Treatment Process
Step 1: iDesign
During your Pre-LASIK Assessment, the iDesign machine will be used to create a personalized vision profile for you. A high-definition 3D corneal map is generated, and wavefront-guided eye-mapping technology detects any microscopic differences or imperfections that may be present on your eye. This data is subsequently transferred to the laser machine for use during surgery.
Step 2: IntraLase iFS Advanced Femtosecond Laser
Subsequently, a flap is created. Previously, surgeons would manually create the flap by hand using a microkeratome blade. Nowadays, advanced lasers are used for flap creation instead. Utilized in over eight million procedures and cited in hundreds of scientific articles, the IntraLase iFS Advanced Femtosecond Laser is a comprehensive platform built on IntraLase Technology’s legacy of surgical precision. As compared to older methods, the IntraLase iFS is able to create LASIK flaps more precisely, uniformly, and accurately.
Step 3: Star S4 IR Excimer Laser
Lastly, an excimer laser reshapes the cornea to correct for refractive errors (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism). In this case, the STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser utilizes innovative technology to perform customized treatment:
- Iris Registration technology provides a noncontact, automated method to correctly align and center treatment. This allows for instant re-registration in the event of intraoperative movement.
- Variable Repetition Rate (VRR) delivers Fourier-reconstructed shapes with optimized ablation time. Also minimizes thermal impact on the cornea.
- Variable Spot Scanning (VSS) technology incorporates an array of varying laser pulse diameters. Itensures an accurate match between target and ablation shapes.
- ActiveTrak 3-D Active Eye Tracking technology follows the eyes motions in three dimensions. It can capture more than 99.4% of eye movements.
- ActiveTrak Automatic Centering technology locates and automatically sets the treatment center in relation to the pupil center.
Interested in LASIK? Book a Pre-LASIK Screening
Pre-LASIK Eye Screening - $197
Pre-SMILE ReLEx Eye Screening - $197
Standard LASIK - from $3,467
iLASIK Wavefront Customized - from $4,491
ReLEx SMILE - From $4,491
(Both eyes, subjected to 8% GST)
Why Choose Us
Established. Experienced. Trusted.
APEC believes in continuous innovation, we regularly update our medical technology according to the latest industry developments.
Rest assured in the hands of experienced doctors with many years of surgical experience, as well as seasoned nurses and optometrists.
APEC’s reputation is one that has been built around experience and trust, as evidenced by our large pool of referral patients.